Web Enterprise Suite - Features
WES is a Standards-based, Commercial Off-The-Shelf (SCOTS) software package that provides organizations and agencies with the ability to build a comprehensive spatial data infrastructure that extends from the desktop/mobile computing platforms to the server/network/cloud environments. Features include:
- Geospatial Data Discovery - Search, manage and discover data and services from disparate sources including Web Services, EO data, Sensor data, geospatial data, real-time sensor data, documents and/or other systems and data catalogs.
- Unstructured Data Discovery - Analyze, catalog and connect unstructured data and content directly to the WES harvesting infrastructure or via Meta Manager.
- Geospatial Data Visualization/Fusion - Access, preview and combine distributed and/or disparate data, maps, sensors and services into a single, managed view through the included WES viewers or other 3rd party viewers such as Google Earth.
- Information Management/Decision Support - Use the integrated Portfolio Manager for managing internal and external data and information. Search for, organize and manage documents, imagery, maps, news feeds, videos, services, messages and more. Centralize and organize all relevant information for an event or area.
- Sensor Integration - Sensors can be connected and integrated into the WES infrastructure and architecture for real-time/near-real-time access and display.
- Data and Product Delivery - Delivery of information and content from the WES infrastructure to end users with options for integrating e-commerce capabilities.
- Data Publishing/Harvesting - Publish and/or harvest location-based data, services and sensors to the OGC standards-based WES catalog or data library.
- Geospatial Self-Service - Users can dynamically access information and content stored within the infrastructure through intuitive interfaces (Web, Portal and Mobile device). Advanced users and developers can customize user interfaces and create new interfaces via the WES SOA infrastructure and WES Portal components such as the Developers Corner.
- Security - WES has complete authentication, auditing and logging sub-systems for providing secure certified access to information and content. It has integration touch points within the authentication subsystem to allow integration into the organizations, user credential management system.
- User Management - The user management system within WES provides organizations and their users with the ability to effectively and efficiently manage user profiles, groups, roles, etc.
- Mobile Device Integration - A superior mobile app (GO Mobile) to access products and services through WES, even in disconnected environments, that improves and establishes Situational Awareness and Common Operating Picture functions.
- e-Commerce Support - An e-commerce module that provides the ability to perform secure electronic on-line transactions in support of the sale of data and related services.
- Data Hosting/Library Support - WES ships with an advanced data hosting library sub-system suitable for hosting various types of data including (motion video, body worn camera images and data, satellite inventories, data files, etc.).
- Social Media Integration - A new module in WES that supports cataloging/access to User Generated Content (UGC) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube,etc.).
- Service Integration Layer - The WES service integration layer sub-system provides organizations with the ability to connect Legacy/Heritage systems to the infrastructure and to also support integration with enterprise data components used within the organization. For example, connecting a user authentication LDAP or existing document management system, or GIS data management system, etc.
- WES Portal Integration - WES can be easily integrated with existing organizations Web Portal infrastructures. The WES Portal is shipped with WES and is tightly integrated with the open sources Liferay portal. Integration touch points are also provided with many other portal infrastructures like WebLogic and SharePoint.
GO Mobile is a mobile application for devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Android phones and Android-based tablets to easily access geospatial content and other data and services through secure wireless communications to the cloud.
GO Mobile also provides First Responders and users in-the-field with the ability to collect, distribute and share critical information to assist with Situational Awareness and the decision making process.
WES Catalog is an OGC-compliant ebXML integrated services registry and repository. The application provides comprehensive, standards-based, catalog creation and management modules enabling data and service discovery, publishing, access, and maintenance.
Easily manage metadata about services (e.g., WMS, WFS, WCS, etc.) and repository items (e.g., XML documents, text documents, images, sound, etc.) contained in the catalog.
Meta Manager is an OGC-CSW/Open Search compliant metadata management tool. It will automatically extract metadata from relational databases, file systems, etc. and format the metadata according to a preferred metadata standard (NAP, DDMS, ISO 19115, etc.).
The solution is ideal for organizations that need to quickly and efficiently organize structured and unstructured data for discovery in access to corporate/agency portals and/or Open Data government portal environments.
The Sensor Hub software is a light weight solution that can be deployed on any device running Java whether in the field or a server room. The software is easily configurable from the "router like" HTML interface and allows for standardized access to a wide array of IoT Sensors.
Drivers which allow for communication with many different sensor systems already exist withing the software, including Grove, Z-Wave, and many others. Custom drivers can be uploaded using the interface, without requiring software updates to the Sensor Hub.